Creating a Product
Products contain all the same features as Pages, as well as their own set of options, but instead of being part of the main Navigation Menu they are instead contained within Category Groups and organized using Tags.
Before creating your first Product, ensure that you are familiar with Creating a Page and working with Category Groups, as those concepts will apply when working with Products.
If you have a large number of Products to create, you may find it easier to use the Product Import feature.
Creating a Basic Product
- In the Administration Console, click on the top navigation icon titled "Website", then click "Add Product".
- Enter the title of the Product.
- Click "Select Placement" and choose where the Product should be located. Multiple Category Groups can be selected.
- Enter a retail price for the Product. This is the price that customers will pay before any Sales & Coupons are applied.
- Type a short summary for the Product. This is the text that will be displayed whenever it is displayed or Featured somewhere else on your site.
- Upload at least one image to the Gallery and set it as the Featured Image. This will be displayed next to the short summary and in the content area of the Product when it is viewed.
- Add Product information using the WYSIWYG Editor.
- Click "Save" to finish creating the Product.
The Product you just created is very simple and does not take full advantage of all ShoutCMS features. Continue reading the Product Options section of this guide for more information on creating and configuring Products.
Similar to Pages, the Security, Layout, Visibility and URL of Products can be customized. Refer to the "Creating a Page" section of the guide for details.